One of my favourite BBQ recipes – Jerk Chicken! Inspired by my love for Jamaican barbecue, this recipe is easy, full of flavour and has a spicy kick that I love.
- Purchase whole chicken (4-5 lbs) and have butcher cut it in half (butterflied)
- Pound the chicken to an even thickness using a meat mallet
- Place the chicken in a bowl, and coat with My Jerk Marinade (using approximately ¾ of the jar)
- Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, or, for best results, overnight
- On Grill: Preheat grill to a high heat. Cook chicken for 8-10 minutes (per side) until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Wrap in tin foil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- In Oven:
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat
- Once hot add ½ tbsp olive oil and ½ tbsp butter
- Place chicken in pan and sear until golden brown on each side
- Place seared chicken in baking pan and bake in oven for 45 mins (until internal temperature reaches 160°F).
- Wrap in tin foil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- For additional flavour, top with remaining ¼ jar of My Jerk Marinade and the juice of 1 lime