1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (15 ml)
2 Tbsp of red wine vinegar (30 ml)
2 cup canola oil (500 ml)
1 tsp Sriracha (5 ml)
1 tsp of salt (5 ml)
Freshly ground pepper
Water if necessary
1 ½ lb. of crab meat, de-shelled (675 g)
16 soda crackers, finely crumbled
1 tsp mayonnaise (5 ml)
1 Tbsp chive, finely chopped (15 ml)
1 tsp of Dijon mustard (5 ml)
Zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp olive oil (30 ml)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Using a blender or food processor, beat the egg with the Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar.
- Slowly pouring, add canola oil until the mixture will start to emulsify and become very creamy in texture.
- Add water if necessary to have a thinner texture.
- Add the Sriracha.
- Continue to process for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Put aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except olive oil and mix well.
- Form palm sized cakes and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil at medium high heat and in batches, fry both sides of the cakes, about 2 minutes placing them back on the baking tray.
- Place baking tray in oven for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, garnish with a dollop of mayonnaise.
- You can make a plain mayo (without the sriracha) and keep it for other use. Season with sriracha to taste afterwards.
- The mayonnaise will keep in the refrigerator for about a week if using fresh eggs.